What We Do
The SLC administers government funded loans and, in some Administrations, grants to HE and FE learners, on behalf of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, in line with the policy aims of the relevant Administrations. We…
- Pay loans and grants to students
- Pay tuition fees to colleges and universities
- Work with HMRC to collect loan repayments
- Make maintenance payments to school pupils aged over 16 in Northern Ireland and Wales
- Pay bursaries and scholarships on behalf of universities and colleges
- Run all the administration and processing associated with these activities.